Monday, May 3, 2010

Flood

Many of you on Facebook know that we experienced a pretty big flood here in Whoville this weekend... many of my friends had their houses flood. Lots of us were trapped in our houses as our roads were covered.



I took my camera out yesterday afternoon and played with taking photos of the raindrops, etc. All these were taken from my front porch. Please keep in mind that there is not supposed to be any water at any of these locations.



Normally we don't have a raging creek on the side of our property.



Or under our swingset.



I am thankful for the Lord's protection yesterday morning. As we were walking out the door to go to church the tornado sirens started wailing. We went back home and stayed inside for the rest of the day. There were two tornadoes reported... one on the east side of town, and one a mile away at the end of our road!

It rained quite heavily for two straight days. We are boggy and bedraggled, but we are safe.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you and your family are safe! My goodness, with all the flooding and then having a couple tornado's, I bet you are more than ready for all this to cease! My family and I were in the May 3rd 1999 F-5 tornado that went through Oklahoma City.. We lost our vehicle that night while it, along with everyone else's vehicle that was parked at the Westmoore High School, but Thank God we all were safe and all right! It was awards night for the students at the high school that particular night.. It was so very scary! I am so very grateful that no one got hurt that evening!

    I've got you and your family and everyone that are and have been in the flooded areas all in my prayers.. Take care..and God Bless!

    Blessings,
    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take snow over tornadoes any day! I'm glad you weren't on the road yet when the sirens went off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you are safe. The Lord holds you in his hands.

    ReplyDelete