Saturday, August 28, 2010

1000 Words



They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but in my life, just be glad you don't actually hear them. See this photo above? It looks so peaceful. So together. Like a quiet spot- go ahead... pull up a rocking chair. And many times it IS a wonderful, peaceful place to rock.

However- at that moment... Nope. At that moment there was much weeping. The kids were crying loud enough for Eric to call from our room's window and ask if I needed help. (Forget stopping to smell the roses... I just want to photograph them!)

See... that is the way that blogs are. You see only the peace and quiet. You cannot hear the fact that as I am writing Bethany is chasing a kitten. You don't see that Sam is climbing the table. All you see is the peaceful old hotel's porch... quiet and serene and assume that is my life.

The decibels of my life are high. The stress meter pegs often. But if I write about those things, it is only after they are done... after I have some perspective. After I can laugh at the chaos which is my life.

No one has it all together. I have many friends who maybe would appear by the parts we see to have it all together. And sometimes I am tempted to envy them. Until I remember that we ALL sin and fall short of the glory of God.

And I remember that the parts I envy from thier lives are just the parts that they do well, but that I do not do so well. I have things I do well that they do not. It is reciprocal. Because none of us have it ALL together.

Just wanted to let you know in case you are tempted to think that I have it all figured out. I'll be glad to get you in touch with someone knowing me in real life who can let you know that I do NOT have it all correct. :) In fact, you would not believe the number of stories I don't tell you because they would embarrass someone in my family. I am more than happy to embarrass myself, but try hard not to embarrass others. :)

So there. Now I feel better. And while you are at it... just go back to the top and enjoy the peace of the photo. Because you cannot hear the crying the way I do. Thank goodness for the silence of photos.

1 comment: