Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Scrapbooking for a large family


I am not sure if I have shared my scrapbooking technique with you all or not. I have friends who do loads of wonderful scrapbooks, both digital and real. I love looking at them. I think it would be fun to do them. But I get bogged down in the details. I have done some digital scrapbooking, and this blog works as a scrapbook, really, but formally I have not done much. I'm way too busy wiping noses to scrap about them.

So at the end of last year, I had a great idea. For 8 cents a print at york, I can get all my favorite photos from the year printed out. Then I go to Stuff Mart and buy a photo album. I then stick all the photos in the album. Sometimes I write notes, mostly I just plain get them in.

So there you have it! My method of scrapbooking. Safe, easy, relatively cheap, and no scissors or stickers to lose.

A friend of mine said that this year she has done a photo book - a couple pages for each month. That is a pretty good idea too. It wouldn't take long, and you could then have a book printed for less than $15 plus shipping. Can't beat that!

It's what Works For Me! Go to Rocks in my Dryer to find out some more things which work!

2 comments:

  1. Simple Scrapbooks shows something similar, just every few pictures they make a small 4 x 6 "layout" with journaling & some decorations.

    I was thinking about making a separate blog for 2009 & doing it like a scrapbook. With just family photos & journaling. No other stuff, like things around the web, etc. Then at the end of the year, order it through Blurb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, this sounds so freeing. Alas, but I have 2 cabinets full of scrapbooking "stuff" that I feel obligated to use. One day I will chuck it all and go with your method :)
    Susan
    http://girlsinwhitedresses.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete