Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bible Bee Schedule Week 2

Hello, fellow Bible Bee participants!

We had a VERY successful week in our memory... especially since the leaders at Bee headquarters took off the highest levels for the local contests. All the girls made the memory goals, and are drinking their choice of hot chocolate or tea in celebration.

The boys came a little short, but they both did pretty well, so we count it a success all the way around.

I am changing things a little this week... we will still take the verses we need to work on, but I have divided it between the days of the week, so they have certain portions to work on every day. Just saying, "Memorize these by the end of the week" was a bit too broad for a couple of them.

If the verse has a * next to it, a portion of this verse was memorized last week, so we already know a portion of it.

So here is our goal for Week 2:

Category 1

Psalm 34: 8-9 (M)
Psalm 34: 18-19 (T)
Psalm 56: 3-4 (W)
Psalm 90: 1-2 (Th)
Psalm 100: 3 (Th)
Psalm 119; 10-11 (F)

Category 2

Joshua 1: 7-9 (M)*
1 Samuel 12: 22-25 (M)
1 Samuel 15: 22-23(T)
1 Chronicles 29: 10-13 (T)
Psalm 19: 1-4 (W)
Psalm 32: 6-8 (Th)
Psalm 33: 6-9 (F)

Category 3
Psalm 1 *
Psalm 8
Psalm 18: 30-36
Psalm 23 *
Psalm 32

We will continue to learn 5 Bible Knowledge questions each week, and will continue to work through Genesis at 3 chapters a day... this week will be Gen. 31 - 45.

We are all having such a good time doing this together as a family. It is a wonderful tool!!! I do quiz the kids each day on the verses they have memorized, maybe for about 10 minutes a day, but the children are doing this.

I have all the OT verses printed out with just the first letter of each word. We have put these on the backs of our cards. If you want to have these, please contact me. I will try to send them. I have them in power point, but if you don't have that program I can try to make it a PDF file to send you. Just e-mail me at: petersonclan at momys dot net.

I will be out of town for Monday and Tuesday taking my little one to Cincinnati for a couple days of tests, so if you do not hear back from me until the end of the week, don't worry. I'll get to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment